- Will your jar work in an Applet? (Short answer is yes but we would prefer you use the Java Web Start [JNLP])
- Will I need to distribute a windows DLL?
- What are the minimum development and runtime requirements?
- Will TwainConnect work on a Unix operating system?
- What are the licensing options?
- What is the difference between the trail and full version?
- Can I try before I buy?
- How do I get a sample source? How do I test your sample without hardware?
- How do I get rid of the nag dialog?
- Why does a certain feature not work for a particular device?
- Do you support scaling?
- I get a : Java heap space when I scan a large, complex image or when using ADF.
- Can I manually load the twainconnect DLL in the PATH? Can I disable the auto dll load feature?
- I see the following in my log :
- Do you support Logitech WebCams now? Why did Logitech stop supporting TWAIN
- We want to be able to scan documents into TIFF format. Is it supported?
- Does the viewer allow basic image manipulation like cropping, rotate and zoom in/out before uploading the document?
- I do not have a paypay account how can I purchase your product?
What are the licensing options?
Simple. The license is good for one application. Read the legal stuff for more details.
1) If you are embedding our JAR in your application then purchase one binary
version for all of the users of your application. 2) If you want to deploy the JAR on your web server then purchase the
Web Server version which includes all the source code as well as advanced technical support.
Have something else in
mind? Please contact
our ever open-minded sales team and we'll work something out.
Regardless there are no run-time fees or costs!
top of page
What is the difference between the trail
and full version?
With the Trial Version: you get the TwainConnect 6.x jar
file and C/C++ JNI DLL in binary format. The full API is also included along
with a sample application. The application is built with JavaDoc and the API
signature will appear in Eclipse's IDE automatically.
We pop up a nag dialog box every time you acquire an
top of page
With the Full Version the nag dialog box is not present.
Once you purchase the product just swap out the JAR and you are ready to
go -- No more nag window.
Can I try before I buy?
We believe our simple to use components are the best value
in the market. Visit the trial page to get
a copy for yourself. No need to fill out detailed marketing information. Just
try it and we feel you'll want to buy it.
top of page
P.S. We will never sell your contact information.